Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's time to ask a favor -


I don't do it. My wife does. I don't know what all the talk is about, that sort of makes me old-fashioned (someone has to be). I don't do Facebook! There, I let everyone know.

I understand that it is more than an up-and-coming deal. However, that doesn't mean that I must do it. You remember someone saying something about jumping off a cliff, and how just because others are doing it doesn't mean that it is right!

So, now the favor. I am aware that there is such a thing as 'social meda' that encompasses Facebook. What I would like to have happen is that you mention Champaign County Nursing Home on Facebook. We need to get the word out to more people. University of Illinois students come and help, but those are usually for only one semester and then that is it. We need more community members to come here for long-term involvement.

I don't really care what wonderful words you use, but please say something. If it is about me, OK. If it is about the residents, OK. If it is about what we do, OK.

Thanks,
Jim

jhronek@co.champaign.il.us

Our chief want in life is somebody who shall make us do what we can.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment