Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Do you like to be outdoors?


For the past four years, I have been the person to take care of landscaping chores at the nursing home. I enjoy my time out there, I have few interruptions. However, I have discovered that it is more difficult to keep ahead of the weeding and watering part. I have tried to implement plantings of flowers and bushes and trees that need little maintenance, and I have done well that way. However, the recent dry weather (with an occasional spit of rain) and the weeds are trying my patience.

Please consider volunteering at Champaign County Nursing Home. It will take only one or two hours each week and those hours can happen as you have time and as the weather permits. If you don't know a lot, I can teach! However, I would like to have a long-term commitment, not just for a few weeks or months this year!

Think about what you can do to hadd to the quality of life (viewing beauty) of our residents!

Jim
jhronek@co.champaign.il.us

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.
A Greek Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment