Wednesday, June 27, 2012

When I started this blog,

I promised our administrator that I would keep it relevant to what we do, how we do it, etc. I have good about doing that. And, mostly, I will continue to do that. However, I might sometimes go off on a bit of a tangent. This post just might be one of those tangents.

I really enjoy being the volunteer coordinator. In fact, I brag that I have the best job in the building! Generally I answer only to myself, and as you have been reading, I am a genuine person. If fact, I am the opitome of being Mr. Nice Guy!

However, nothing lasts forever and I will be retiring in January of next year. Yep, less than 200 days until I leave CCNH. They won't officially post a job opening until I give my formal 2-week notice in late December. However, if you would like to be considered for this position you just might want to come here and see what I do. I can spend lots of time with you as I explain the ins and outs of this position. Good things? Your own office (no sharing); you get to meet lots of caring people; you will be able to work limited hours (32 hours in five days). Bad things? The pay; dealing with family members who want to believe that this is a resort or something; and some of the co-workers don't have a great work ethic.

All jobs have goods and bads. I believe that this one has more goods! If you want to come in a learn about the postion, let me know. It will help if you get to be a known person here by volunteering a lot. You will become familiar with the residents, the staff and the volunteers who pass through this office.

Do you have that little bit of space in your brain that shows empathy and caring? Can you be organized? Are you willing to give more than what you get paid? Let me know!

Jim
jhronek@co.champaign.il.us

No comments:

Post a Comment